Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Organizing your Cupboard of Magickal Stuff

Hi there, sorry I’ve been MIA for the last few days. Finally got the computer up, my contacts back on my cell phone and Netflix! Still struggling with my crafts, mainly because I don’t have an artistic bone in my body! I’m not giving up EVER!
One thing I am pretty good at is organizing stuff. I look at things and want to put it away, make a list of what I have and then tell people about my list. That’s what happens when you are a secretary for 30 years!
As a Wanna-B-Witch I have a lot of stuff! Herbs, candles, craft projects, all these things take up room and after awhile I forget what I have. I made this handy little chart for myself. I found this has cut down on purchasing items I already have and makes the task of substituting one ingredient for another if they have the same magickal purpose simple. Pulling together items for a spell is almost as easy as twitching your nose and presto you have magick. Well not really, but it sure helps. It’s not rocket science, but hopefully it will make your magickal life a little easier. Here is a sample of what it can look like.
 


Herbs

Health

Love

Money/Luck

Allspice

X

x

Basil

x

x

Chamomile

X

X

Clove

X

x

x
 
My actual list is much longer with categories for exorcism, lust, courage, peace and psychic development. Then I have the same chart for oils and purchased incense. This can be adapted as you like. I keep it in a clear plastic folder inside my BOS. This isn't perfect, the sample chart isn't showing up as I had hoped, but at 6:30 a.m. and awake since 3 a.m. it will have to do.  This is why I am no longer a secretary Aghhhh!  Still working though Blogging for Dummies! I think you get the idea though.  Hope you like and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment