Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Super Simple Carrot Salad with Home made Balsamic Dressing

This is so simple, but so delish! (OK, I'm sounding like Rachel Ray)

2 big fat juicy carrots (I shred them myself they taste better than the pre-shredded ones)
1/2 cup of red onions or whatever type of onion you have at home (chopped finely or thin slivers)


I used 3 carrots 'cause they weren't fat and juicy also used regular onions because I didn't have red ones

















Nicely shredded (fresh, fresh, fresh. yum) (Stop it, Rachel Ray is in my head)


Combine your onion with your shredded carrots (looks good already)
Now...

The Dressing:

1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup canola oil (or vegetable oil)
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (At least I didn't say EVOO)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tablespoon honey mustard

That's it.  Super simple, but so yummy.  You'll have a lot of dressing left over since you only need to drizzle this on top of the carrots, it tastes great on regular salad as well.


 Ta Daaaaaa......



That's it, super simple but almost decadent, if carrots can be decadent


No comments:

Post a Comment